When do you need to know there is a fire?
When high value assets, equipment or irreplaceable items are at stake, early warning of a smoke or fire problem, is essential. Our air sampling or air monitoring equipment actively pulls in room air to a special chamber where it can detect the presence of particles that are created in the very early stages of combustion, even before smoke is visible.
That provides for the most important element necessary to minimize smoke damage or prevent fire loss – TIME. We partner with VESDA to provide the industry’s most trusted line of products for air sampling early warning systems.
Some fire risks to Mission Critical Facilities include:
- Heat Density. Risk of incipient pre-combustion fire events due to high heat load from computer equipment.
- Electrical faults in wiring and/or other building systems including power distribution equipment, HVAC systems, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Human error presents a large risk either from facility personnel or outside vendors and contractors.
- Bad housekeeping such as storing cardboard boxes in critical spaces allows fires to spread more quickly.
- External risks such as natural disaster, acts of terrorism, sabotage, arson, lightning, wind, etc.
- Recirculation of air from high volume air conditioning systems required to keep your equipment cool and filter out pollutants may accelerate the growth and spread rate of a fire.
Where VERY early detection of smoke is an absolute necessity. . . there is no substitute for aspirating air sampling detection. The VESDA line of air sampling detectors is the most widely specified, installed, and has a proven track record of reliability.
Applications range from museums to telecommunications facilities, to warehouses and hotels. . .
With up to 40% greater coverage in high airflow environments, the VESDA-E range of aspirating smoke detectors represent considerable CAPEX savings. Easier servicing and field replaceable architecture further reduce system OPEX. And of course, VESDA-E is completely compatible with existing VESDA systems
The As a multi-channel addressable system, the VEA detector is able to divide a protected space into sampling locations, enabling the localization of potential sources of fire for faster incident response. The detectors are suitable for protection of areas where pinpoint location of fire events is essential, thus providing ideal fire detection solutions for healthcare, offices, education, retail, prisons and electrical cabinets.
The LaserCOMPACT protects areas up to 8,000 sq. ft. It has 3 configurable alarm levels.
|VESDA OSID Open-Area Smoke Detection
OSID by Xtralis is a new technology designed specifically for open air environments such as Large, open spaces – airports, train stations, stadiums and shopping malls, enabling early detection and response to save lives and prevent service disruptions. OSID uses a sophisticated algorithm to map and compare the strength of infrared (IR) and ultraviolet (UV) light signals from detectors configured in the space. OSID also reduces the costs of installation and maintenance as the Emitter batteries have more than a five-year life.
|VESDA System Manager (VSM4)
Setup, monitor and troubleshoot all your VESDA systems from one PC – throughout a building, across a campus or around the world.