UV/IR Optical Flame Detector
Fast, Reliable Detection for Challenging, High-Risk Environments
Ultra-fast detection and response of all types of hydrocarbon and hydrogen fires (both visible and non-visible) are possible with FlameSpec UV/IR flame detectors. Their resistance to weather conditions and false alarms, while remaining highly sensitive to a fire’s optical radiation emitted or infrared wavelengths, make UV/IR optical detection ideal for high-risk environments.
UV/IR flame detectors identify fireballs and explosions in as few as 5 milliseconds (UV-IR) to 40 milliseconds (IR3) and offers high visibility of up to 100 ft. (UV-IR) or 260 ft. (IR3) for a 1 ft2 n-heptane pan fire.
Various models of high-speed flame detectors include:
- FLS-IR3: Detects hydrocarbon fuel and gas fires at long distances. With its triple spectrum design, it provides the highest immunity to false alarms.
- FLS-IR3-H2: Detects invisible hydrogen (H2) gas fires at long distances. Its triple spectrum protects against false alarms.
- FLS-UV-IR: A UV and IR detector that detects hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires, hydroxyl and hydrogen fires, as well as metal and inorganic fires. The UV sensor has a special logic circuit that prevents false alarms from solar radiation.
HD Camera Options
Each detector may be equipped with an additional HD camera, which provides…
- clear imaging of fire and people at 100ft distance.
- video recording of one minute pre-event and up to three minutes post-event
- live video feed for safety personnel to view before entering a hazardous area (when connected to DVR/NVR).
Typical Applications Include: